Regardless of your age or camping experience, it’s not too late to register to CampOut for Cancer and spend a night under the stars in your backyard during this unusually warm weather! Ditch the screens and bond with your loved ones over board games, camp songs and camp-inspired food. And if you’re feeling it, up your game and host your #BackyardCampOut with a theme everyone will have fun with!
Here’s a list of things to think about to get the ball rolling:
- Tent or build more of a fort tent with sheets
- A tarp, rope and some bungee cords could also come in handy
- Air mattress or padding
- Pillows, sleeping bag or blankets of course!
- A light source: think old school lantern or flashlights
- Camp chairs
- And then the activities: Is it bocce, board games, or a book about the constellations?
Your #BackyardCampOut can be easy and memorable. Most importantly, it will help send kids and their families to camp so they can heal from the trauma of cancer.
Thanks for reading!